Art of Cooking: Balance in Nutrition
Students are provided with a comprehensive approach to eating and understanding the positive effects of healthy food. The certificate highlights the connections between products and environment, the role of nutrition and vegetarianism in the Italian diet.
Students then have the ability to tailor the certificate to their interest by selecting two track courses.
• Nutrition Studies 3 cr. / 45 hrs
• The Mediterranean Diet 3 cr. / 45 hrs
• Topics in Nutrition: Italian Style Cooking 3 cr. / 45 hrs
Track courses (students are required to choose two courses from the following)
• Vegetarian Culture 3 cr. / 45 hrs
• The Science of Food, Health and Well-being 3 cr. / 45 hrs
• Sustainable Food 3 cr. / 45 hrs
• Italian Language 3 cr. / 45 hrs
- State-of-the-Art kitchen equipped with innovative appliances (magnetic induction cooktops, utensils and appliances, tablets to follow the chef’s instructions on direct video)
- Computer lab
- Updated library of books and magazines