Where is Pinocchio?
The LdM Event Planning Class, with the support of the Cultural Association Pinocchio, is organizing a photography contest inspired by Pinocchio, one of the most famous fairy tale characters and a real ambassador of the Made in Italy. “The Adventures of Pinocchio” is one of the most translated books in the world. Take the chance to (re)read the official English version available on this website.
Through the contest, you can learn more about Pinocchio and its author Carlo Lorenzini, known also as Carlo Collodi (Florence, 1826-1890). An off-the-beaten-track itinerary would lead you to some historical places still preserving traces of Lorenzini and his creature. A personalized map will show you the way https://goo.gl/dSrjdX. Find a brief description of each place in the list of the places, available for download.
It is not necessary to be a professional photographer in order to participate. You just need to unleash your creativity and follow the contest guidelines below.
- > The contest is open to all LdM Students.
- > A photo must be taken in one of the places related to Pinocchio and its author Carlo Lorenzini
(see List of Places)
- > The photo must contain either a Pinocchio doll which you can buy at San Lorenzo Market, or the approved Pinocchio image available on this website (see Pinocchio Image).
- > Download and fill out the disclaimer for the images you would like to provide (see Disclaimer).
- > Email your photo(s) along with the signed disclaimer to [email protected] by Monday, 30 November 2015.
- > You will be informed if your photo has been pre-selected to take part in the exhibition taking place on Friday, 11 December 2015 at 6 pm in the LdM Church San Jacopo, during the fairy tale event “Once upon a time”, organized by the LdM Event Planning Class.
- > The best photo will receive a special prize, provided by the Cultural Association Pinocchio. The winner will be announced during the fairy tale event.
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: MONDAY, 30 NOVEMBER 2015.
For any questions, feel free to contact the LdM Event Planning Students at [email protected]