Home > landing > Housing
LdM Housing Service
Students attending LdM have various housing options and LdM offers a free service to help them find accommodations at all of its campuses. Students generally live in shared apartments with other students or they can choose to live in homestays with a local Italian family, which includes half board/meals. Students are not obliged to choose housing through LdM, however, and may find their own accommodations independently.
For specific information about the LdM Campus of your choice, please, click on the links below:
Each LdM campus offers apartment accommodations shared with other LdM students. The shared apartment option is the most popular housing option. All apartments are within walking distance of the LdM campuses or are easily reached by public transportation. According to the specific structure of Italian city centers, LdM apartments may not be located all in the same building.
Apartments are furnished and equipped with bed linens, towels, basic pots and pans, kitchen utensils, a washing machine and a TV. They are also provided with Internet service. They do not have telephone service or air conditioning.
Many apartments in Italy, especially in the historic city centers, are situated in old buildings and therefore no two apartments are alike. Although LdM tries to maintain a standard for all of its apartments, some may be slightly nicer than others while some are closer than others to LdM campus facilities. Shared apartments usually house 2-8 students. LdM does not offer co-ed apartments. All apartments are NON SMOKING.
The standard apartment bedrooms are double rooms (two single beds in the same room). Single rooms are limited. If a student’s room request cannot be honored due to space limitations, LdM will assign an accommodation according to availability.
The rent period begins on Housing Check-In Day and ends on Housing Check-Out Day.
Academic Year students must pay the rent for both semesters, but they only need to pay their housing deposit once. Housing is provided for the Fall and Spring semesters. It is not provided during the winter break between the Fall and Spring semesters.
Students staying for two consecutive summer sessions must pay their rent for each session, but they only need to pay their housing deposit once. Housing costs will cover the rent for the reserved months, including the one-week break between summer sessions, but only for two consecutive sessions in the same city
LdM housing services include:
• Rent, with fixed Check-In and Check-Out dates as specified
• Repairs that are not caused by students
• Average Utilities (water, gas, electricity). Any costs above the average consumption will be charged to the students sharing the same apartment and subtracted from the housing deposit.
• Internet connection
Housing services do not include:
• Damage(s) caused by students, extra cleaning and excessive consumption of utilities. (Please see the specific details in the Check-Out procedure form.)
LdM housing services may differ between campuses.
Living with a host family is an excellent opportunity to acquire a deeper understanding of Italy and its people. In fact, returning students often report that the homestay was one of the best aspects of their study abroad experience. Living with a host family allows students to interact daily with locals, build life-long bonds with members of the family, and experience first-hand the customs, cuisine and language they learn about in class. Students who are committed to learning the Italian language and deepening their knowledge of Italian culture and family life should consider this option.
Please contact the LdM Housing Office for the Homestay Housing booklet and costs at firstname.lastname@example.org. This option is not available for those enrolled in the Three Cities Program.
Students are not necessarily obliged to choose housing through LdM if they wish to find their own accommodation. In this case, they can download, fill out and sign the Independent Housing Form, which states that they have secured housing independently and not through the LdM Housing Office. The completed and signed form can be sent to LdM Housing Coordinators at email@example.com.
Requesting LdM Housing Service
Students are responsible for submitting the Housing Request Form and supporting documentation to LdM Housing Services by the scheduled deadlines listed below. Also found below are the Check-In and Check-Out dates for upcoming semesters.
Reservation Procedure for the shared apartment option
Once students have been accepted to their LdM program, they will be sent the LdM Housing Booklet and forms required by their program. They should then follow these four easy steps below to reserve LdM Housing at each campus.
Students are required to submit the following documentation before housing can be reserved:
• A completed and signed Housing Request Form and Personal Profile
• Housing Rules completed and signed
• Proof of payment of the housing security deposit and the advance of the rent payment at the time of application
• A copy of the student's passport (photo page)
The following documents are required no later than 30 days before the student's arrival date:
• A Copy of the student’s visa (if necessary), to be found attached to the passport
• Detailed travel itinerary (from the place of departure to your final destination). If you are not arriving by plane to your final destination, please let us know which type of transportation you will use and the approximate arrival time.
• Proof of the full housing rent payment
LdM will confirm receipt of the Housing Security Deposit payment and advanced rent payment by email, and will then proceed to arrange housing for the student.
About a week before the beginning of the term, the LdM Housing Office will provide the student via email with:
• Apartment address, specifying roommates and apartment-mates
• Information regarding Housing Check-In
LdM Housing Cancellation Policy
• Any cancellation must be communicated to LdM by submitting an official Housing Withdrawal Form (see right-hand side bar to download the form).
• If a student cancels 45 days or MORE prior to the check-in date, the security deposit and the advance of the rent payment will be refunded.
• If a student cancels 44-31 days preceding the check-in date, the student will lose the security deposit but will be refunded the advance of the rent payment.
• 30-11 days preceding the check-in date, the student is liable for the security deposit and the advance of the rent payment.
• If a student cancels 10-0 days preceding the check-in date, the student is fully liable for the total housing cost and no refund will be made for any reason whatsoever in case the student decides to cancel, change or vacate the assigned apartment.
• The student will be fully liable for the total housing cost and housing deposit if no official notice of the student’s cancellation is received by LdM before the check-in date.
• If a student’s cancellation notice is received by LdM more than 30 days prior to the check-in date, the housing deposit will be refunded.
• If a student’s cancellation notice is received by LdM less than 30 days prior to the check-in date, no deposit will be given back.
• If a student's cancellation notice is received by LdM less than 15 days prior to the check-in date, the student is liable for the housing deposit and the housing rent.
• Upon arrival in Italy, no refund will be made for any reason whatsoever in case the student decides to cancel, change or vacate the assigned apartment. In this case, the student will also be fully liable for the housing deposit.
• The student will be fully liable for the total housing cost and housing deposit if no official notice of the student’s cancellation is received by LdM before check-in date.
Please remember that once students arrive in Italy, no refund will be made for any reason whatsoever in the event they decide to cancel, change or vacate an assigned apartment.